Ka-bar Knives Bowie Knife Selection
Just received the knife. I have many quality blades from known knife makers. This case Bowie is a very fine knife. Excellent balance, grip, and sharp, very sharp. Wish sheath matched the knife. Will have one made, will purchase another for friend.
For the price I thought I was getting a good quality Bowie, instead they don't tell you that it's made in China, I have a good edge on it but it doesn't keep the edge, dulls quickly. If I knew this knifes quality I would have never bought it.
Not a bad little knife for the price.
My husband was very satisfied .
I like the product, I have it on display
I love this knife, very attractive, and I have it on display in my house.
Excellent knife, excellent service.
I purchased the Defender as a woods chopper for hiking and fishing summer time woods. It is sized perfectly and gets the job done. I wouldn't consider it to be a high-end chopper/survival knife, but for the price it get it done.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.