Ka-bar Knives Bowie Knife Selection
Well balanced knife. I use it mainly for cutting coconuts (Not dry coconuts but anything from young to hardening). Seems perfect weight and size for that job. Had it over a year now and it is still razor sharp and I never had to sharpen it once. Being from a small island and living in the country it comes in really handy.
Like the knife but the finger guard was loose when I received it.
Looks good and very functional when I am in the woods.
Very comfortable and its looks are awesome and the work I do it is more than useful
Serves its purpose.
Just received my bowies . THIS IS JUST AN AWESOME KNIFE A MUST OWN!!!!!!!!
I was worried when I bought this knife that it would be a piece of junk. How could a knife at such a low price offers so much? In fact, it offers more, the Damascus steel is well defined and gorgeous. The knife is ground by hand, the bottom being a deep wide hollow grind, though they did not need to do it, in order to lighten the blade, they put a hollow grind to the top as well. the symmetry is perfect. The brass is tightly fitted, the cross guard matches the butt perfectly. The handle is not cheap grainy horn, it has tight grain and is pitch black, the two pins are brass with small brass pins within the pins with different colored flowers in each one. It's hard to describe, you just have to see it to understand the delicate beauty of it. Overall, when you pull the knife out of the decent leather sheath, it's a little breathtaking every time, it is just that beautiful, and that awesome. I never write reviews but I had to write this one it would be a shame for others to think that this might not be all it cracks up to be. I hope you buy it and enjoy it as much as I do.
The knife looks great from a distance but when I received it the blade was bent in a twisted motion like way, leaving its use questionable, which I haven't risked testing yet.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.