Ka-bar Knives Bowie Knife Selection
Serves its purpose.
Just received my bowies . THIS IS JUST AN AWESOME KNIFE A MUST OWN!!!!!!!!
I was worried when I bought this knife that it would be a piece of junk. How could a knife at such a low price offers so much? In fact, it offers more, the Damascus steel is well defined and gorgeous. The knife is ground by hand, the bottom being a deep wide hollow grind, though they did not need to do it, in order to lighten the blade, they put a hollow grind to the top as well. the symmetry is perfect. The brass is tightly fitted, the cross guard matches the butt perfectly. The handle is not cheap grainy horn, it has tight grain and is pitch black, the two pins are brass with small brass pins within the pins with different colored flowers in each one. It's hard to describe, you just have to see it to understand the delicate beauty of it. Overall, when you pull the knife out of the decent leather sheath, it's a little breathtaking every time, it is just that beautiful, and that awesome. I never write reviews but I had to write this one it would be a shame for others to think that this might not be all it cracks up to be. I hope you buy it and enjoy it as much as I do.
The knife looks great from a distance but when I received it the blade was bent in a twisted motion like way, leaving its use questionable, which I haven't risked testing yet.
Great piece! Good quality, well made and worth the price. Had great balance and a keen edge.
My Grandson loves it.
The knife was bigger than I thought but that was a good thing ,handle was a little large too handle comfortably. Besides the handle the knife was everything I had hoped for.
I am truly amazed at the product for the price I honestly figured it would have flaws but none. It's beautiful and he loves it. He loves collecting knives with eagles on them but they are hard to find for a reasonable price I'm hoping to find more from your site.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.