Old Hickory Chef's Knife / Santoku Selection
Recent Customer Reviews - Old Hickory Chef's Knife / Santoku Selection
Jt W. from Denton TX
This is an excellent knife. It looks good and handles well.
Jt W. reviewed: LamsonSharp 8" Fire Forged Wide Chef's Knife
Corey A. from St. Louis, MO
This is the best kitchen knife I've ever owned. The shape of the handle and the size of the blade are just right. This knife sharpens very easily on a fine diamond hone with a few strokes on a steel to finish. Strop is few times and it will shave. My #1 in a drawer full of pricey knives.
C. A. from St. Louis, MO
This is a excellent made knife, but it doesn't sharpen very easily, and if you run it through the dishwasher, the edge-holding ability decreases dramatically. Not a good combination for a house-knife. If I had an electric hone to run it through, I'd use if more often.
C. A. reviewed: Cold Steel Knives Chef's Knife, Kraton Handle, 8.00 in. Blade
Daniel A. from Elmurst, NY
Very Pretty Knife, but DULL.
Daniel A. reviewed: Custom Made Damascus Chef Knife with Olive Wood Handle
Judith S. from San Diego, CA
I am disappointed in my knife. It doesn't stay sharp. It was hard to cut with in a very short time after buying it. I have another knife which I am saving to cut the Thanksgiving turkey! I hope this knife is better than the first one I bought.
Judith S. reviewed: Cold Steel Knives Chef's Knife, Kraton Handle, 8.00 in. Blade
Glenna K. from Schanburg, IL
I had used my daughters knife on one occasion and found it amazing in completing the job I was doing. The knife is so sharp and has cut through everything I have used it on . We eat a lot of corn on the cob in the summer and I cook it in the microwave and,cut the fat end off and just shake the corn out and this knife is the only one I have that will cut through the large end of a piece of sweet corn, I also bought one for a friend because I was so impressed with the knife.
Glenna K. reviewed: Ginsu Bakelite 5" Santoku Knife
Esther R. from Yauco, PR
It is very good. I really like the product.
Esther R. reviewed: Cold Steel Knives Chef's Knife, Kraton Handle, 8.00 in. Blade
More Information About Chef's Knives
- Kitchen Cutlery Storage Options - While knives often take some natural wear and tear from cooking, you can significantly extend the life of your knife by considering how you store them.
- Purchasing Your First Kitchen Knife Set - Buying your first kitchen knife set can be a daunting purchase. Here are a few tips for choosing your knives.
- The Three Knives You Need in Your Kitchen - You don't need too many tools to get started in your kitchen, but you do need these three knives. Read about this trio of blades and learn how to identify each, when to use it, and how to wield it.
- How to Teach a Child to Use a Knife - The more knowledgeable children are about knives, the less likely they are to use them inappropriately or dangerously. If you're interested in teaching your child how to use a knife, here are some tips you should remember.
- Types of Knife Blade Materials - There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
- How To Keep Kitchen Knives Sharp - Over time, improper maintenance and care can lead to knives becoming dull and ineffective. For those looking for ways to extend the life of a knife and keep its blade sharp and pristine, here are a few tips.