Schrade Hunting Knife Collection
I definitely am no authority on knives, but I wanted to get a good knife with which I could field dress and skin deer. I read some reviews, and the Fallkniven H1z seemed to fit my needs although I had no idea it had a convex blade. I also never knew it required a strop to sharpen it. Remember, I said I am not an authority on knives. I have used it to skin one deer. Like every knife I've ever used to skin a deer, it definitely was dull after I was finished. I bought a strop and compound, and I was able to get it sharp fairly easily. Some other reviews I've read prefer the older model Fallkniven (F1?), but I really like this knife. It is balanced well and does the job. It was fun for me to learn how to sharpen a convex blade, especially since I was able to do it successfully. I wish I knew more about knives so I could give a more-informed review, but I am very satisfied with this knife.
Nice knife well made but I wish it was fully hallow ground, also I do not think the handle is desert ironwood.
Knife feels great in my hand, worth the money, nice finish.
The item came at first with an engraving that did not match perfectly the expectation, but the customer service was extraordinary. Without discussion or argument, the error - which had to do with replacement and upgrade of an engraving machine (now new), the knives were instantly replaced and the new ones were perfect. I must say that the level of graciousness in a world with so little of that rare quality, the level of personal attention to "getting it right" and the speed of response were all top notch. I would order more again - and will - from this company, as they are determined to make and keep customers happy. I cannot say enough positive about how they managed an unexpected situation. They were great!
Very good blade with a fine edge. Very heavy on the handle side but a good knife none the less.
I love this knife and thinking of buying a couple more for my Brothers I ride with.
I love the knives, however. I did order two of the same and I received two different knives. One of the knives blades has a defect and a crack in it. To me it is not worth the hassle of returning it.
- The Complete Hunting Knife Buying Guide - This guide has everything you ever need to know about the hunting knife, from its rich history to its many uses and characteristics.
- How to Choose the Best Hunting Knife - When it comes to hunting, accept nothing but the best. In this article, we break down how to find the best hunting knife for your needs.
- Hunting Knife Characteristics - We've broken down some of the key component of hunting knives to help you make an informed decision about your next purchase.
- History of the Buck Knife - The Buck Knife, a term mostly used to refer to folding locked-blade knives, is also the namesake of one of the most successful knife manufacturers in the country. Learn more about the history of Buck Knives.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each