Silver Stag Silver Stag Fixed Blade Knife Combo Set
Tool Steel Series It all starts with 24"x 48" sheets of 1095 High Carbon Spring Tool Steel, (Purchased from Admiral Steel Co / Seattle Dist. Center). This particular grade of metal is also called cutlery steel, and is well known for its use in manufacturing saw blades. Since all steel is essentially made from iron and carbon, an increase in the carbon content increase the steel hardness. This particular high carbon steel is recognized for edge holding ability. It hones to an unbelievable razor sharp edge (better than any stainless steel), retains its edge (better than most stainless steels), and easier to sharpen, (compared to stainless steel).
• Made in the USA
• Blade: 1095 High Carbon American Tool Steel
• Blade Lengths: Skinner 4.5" and Small Gut 3"
• Handle: Genuine Stag
• Includes a handmade laced old Western style leather sheath
|Blade Length||4.5 inches|
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|
|Handle Color||Black, white|
|Country of Origin||USA|
What is the story of the knife?
I went with the combo instead of a single fixed blade hunter because it was a better deal. I used both blades during a camping trip, and both performed well in general tasks around camp cooking prep, cutting rope and branches. At first I didn't think the tang would stay in the handle but was surprised the durability of bowie. The sheath was comfortable and stayed out of the way. I was concerned about the skinner staying under the strap, but was proved wrong especially after a long horse ride in the brush. I got a lot of inquiries about the brand when I visited the trading post, and it is a handsome combo. I would have no problems telling people about this product being well worth the price for a great working knife set!
Why buy from Knife Depot?
- Free Shipping - We offer free shipping on orders over $99. Our products often ship out the same day they are ordered.
- Free Return Shipping for 60 Days - If you're not happy with your new knife, then neither are we. At Knife Depot, we offer a 60-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee with free return shipping.
- Over 10,000 Badass Knives in Stock - We carry a huge selection of knives from the world's top brands.
- Razor Sharp Customer Service - We don't just sell knives, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
We don't just sell knives, we use them in our lives every day. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about this tool. I still even have the first knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Knife Depot
Looking for a way to give your knife an extra dash of pizzazz? At Knife Depot, you can customize any of our 10,000 knives with a inscription or a logo. The cost is $6 per knife and the minimum order number is four. Click here to learn how to order your customized knife today.
Want a single knife or multiple knives with different engraving on each one? We also offer single-item customization on many of our most popular knives.
Got questions? Give us a ring at 1-800-248-1987 or email us.