Traditional Longleaf Kukri
These original battle kukri's were made prior to 1890. Some were made much earlier, but it's difficult to determine the exact date. Each kukri is hand made; the steel was smelted, forged, shaped and hammered in Nepal by individual Kamis. As spears and the Kora sword were being replaced by firearms, the kukri was the weapon of choice for hand-to-hand combat. This longleaf kukri was made for war. It has a straighter spine and longer blade than bhojpure, and in the skilled hands of the Gurkha it became a frightening weapon indeed. These have all seen service with both the Nepali military and the British Army. All of the blades are marked in Devangari script with the date of manufacture. We can hand select the best one for an additional fee.
• 19" long
• 2-1/2" wide
|Total Length||19 inches|
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|
What is the story of the knife?
Be the first person to review this item! Write an online review and share your thoughts with other customers.
Why buy from Knife Depot?
- Free Shipping - We offer free shipping on orders over $99. Our products often ship out the same day they are ordered.
- Free Return Shipping for 60 Days - If you're not happy with your new knife, then neither are we. At Knife Depot, we offer a 60-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee with free return shipping.
- Over 10,000 Badass Knives in Stock - We carry a huge selection of knives from the world's top brands.
- Razor Sharp Customer Service - We don't just sell knives, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
We don't just sell knives, we use them in our lives every day. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about this tool. I still even have the first knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Knife Depot
Looking for a way to give your knife an extra dash of pizzazz? At Knife Depot, you can customize any of our 10,000 knives with a inscription or a logo. The cost is $6 per knife and the minimum order number is four. Click here to learn how to order your customized knife today.
Want a single knife or multiple knives with different engraving on each one? We also offer single-item customization on many of our most popular knives.
Got questions? Give us a ring at 1-800-248-1987 or email us.