Condor 18" El Salvador Machete with Blasted Satin Finish and Sheath
- Blade length: 18"
- Overall length: 23"
- Finish: Blasted Satin
- Blade thickness: 2mm
- Blade material: 420HC stainless steel
- Handle: High impact blue polypropylene
- Blade Detail: Plain Edge
- Blade Length (inches): 18.00
- Blade Material: 420HC
- Carry System: Leather sheath
- Handle Material: Polypropylene, Blue
- Overall Length (inches): 23.00
- Special Features: Blasted Satin
Catalog Number: 64841
Item Title: Condor 18" El Salvador Machete with Blasted Satin Finish and Sheath
Arlan started A. D. Lothe & Associates, Inc. in 1988 as a design, new product development and marketing consulting company that specializes in knives, hand tools and kitchen items.
Over the years Arlan has designed for and consulted with many nationally known firms, including Chicago Cutlery, Camillus Knife, Fiskars, Gerber, Wusthof Trident, Warner Manufacturing Company, WoodworkerÂs Supply, Outers Laboratories, Condor Tool & Knife, Inc and many others. Arlan supports his knife and tool design work with a collection of over 3,000 knives, over 300 axes and a library of hundreds of knife and tool books and antique catalogs from around the world.
A most notable project was his design of the Miracle Blade 3 knives as seen on TV, with Chef Tony, which turned out to be the best selling knife line in the history of direct response television.
In 1995 Arlan and his client were awarded the ÂBest New Product from the State of MinnesotaÂ from QVC and he went on to do over 120 live shows selling his Slices Perfect Kitchen Slicing System. He has also done shows for QVC in the UK and Germany.
In 2000 Arlan was awarded two ÂRetailersÂ Choice AwardsÂ for two of his FireStone axe designs at the National Hardware Show in Chicago. There were only 25 such awards given that year, selected from over 250,000 items on display.
Arlan is an avid hunter, outdoorsman, wood worker, gourmet chef and a knife and axe thrower. Most of his designs come from practical experience and 35 years of creative endeavors.
In 2006 Arlan was inducted into the International Knife Throwers Hall of Fame for Âout standing designÂ. The IKTHF is made up of the finest knife and axe throwers in the USA who have sanctioned competitions all over the country. One of his axe designs, the FireStone Sport Axe, has won more competitions than any other axe in the history of the sport.
Arlan holds over 20 patents on items such as knives, hand tools, broad heads, knife sharpeners and others.
ArlanÂs design and product development philosophies are very elemental; make something better or develop some thing new that satisfies the wants and needs of the end user, while providing high perceived value and unique designs to better the competition, while providing clients with engineering that can be produced at above normal profit margins, which sell through well and brings repeat business. Being a Âknife nutÂ him self he understands the psyche of other Âknife nutÂsÂ which helps him to create Âjust got to haveÂ designs even when a buyer all ready owns hundreds of knives.
Arlan and his wife and business partner Dottie live in central Wisconsin in a log home they designed and built from trees they cut themselves from their 160 acre woodland farm they call ÂValhallaÂ. They have an office, design studio and conference center in their home; two prototype shops, one for wood and plastics and another for metal. There is also a knife and axe throwing range, archery range, rifle and pistol ranges, trap range, 22 miles of trails, three ponds and at the back of the property a 20ÂX32Â Desert Storm military tent, which serves as a Whitetail Deer hunting camp.
Looking for a way to give your knife an extra dash of pizzazz? At Knife Depot, you can customize any of our 10,000 knives with a inscription or a logo. The cost is $6 per knife and the minimum order number is four. Click here to learn how to order your customized knife today.
Want a single knife or multiple knives with different engraving on each one? We also offer single-item customization on many of our most popular knives.
Got questions? Give us a ring at 1-800-248-1987 or email us.
Knife Depot Special Offers
Why Buy From Knife Depot?
- 10,000 Badass Knives in Stock - We carry a huge selection of knives from some of the world's top brands.
- Razor Sharp Customer Service - We don't just sell knives, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Free & Fast Shipping - We offer free shipping on orders over $99 (view details). Our products often ship out the same day they are ordered.
- Free & Easy Returns for 60 Days - If you're not happy with your new knife, then neither are we. At Knife Depot, we offer a 60-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee with FREE return shipping (view details).
- Fast & Easy Shopping - Knife Depot is easy to understand and it's very simple to find what you're looking for. Browsing and checkout is a breeze, no need to create an account.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- We Love Knives - It's true. We're passionate about the world's oldest tool and that commitment carries over into every element of our online store.
We Guarantee Your Satisfaction
We offer a 60-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee. If you have any questions about your order, you can call us and a real person will answer the phone. Click for full details.
BBB "A+" Rating Since 2005
Knife Depot has been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime rating of "A+". Click for the official BBB Report on Knife Depot.
Free Return Shipping
Not sure if you'll like it? Don't worry -- if you are not happy with your order, we are happy to accept a return or an exchange at no cost to you. Click for full details.