Gerber LMF II Infantry Fixed Blade Knife, Coyote Brown Nylon Handle w/ Sheath
Down behind enemy lines? Left to fend for yourself? These are the scenarios that inspired the LMF II. Former military man, Jeff Freeman led the charge to engineer this fearless new 10" survival knife. And we field-tested with the troops. This knife is as adaptable as the personnel who carry it. Use it to cut through the skin of a fuselage. Or sever a seat belt. Or egress through the Plexiglas of a chopper. Plus, the LMF II does a slick job cutting firewood and building shelter. The over-molded handle successfully limits blistering. There is complete separation between the tang and butt cap, so the knife absorbs the shocks from hammering and prevents the shocks of electricity. Smartly situated grooves and lashing holes let the LMF II convert to a spear. The low-profile sheath facilitates movement, limits noise, works for parachuting, and attaches to a belt or MOLLE vest. The patented, integrated sharpener means edge retention in the field.
• Blade length: 4.84"
• Weight: 11.67 ounces
• Overall length: 10.59"
• Tactical sheath included
• 3/16" thick
• Blade Material: 420HC stainless steel
• Handle Material Glass-filled nylon with TPV overmold
• Holes through the blade and handle allow for lashing a spear
• Removable and replaceable carbide sharpener built into the sheath
• Soft rubber over molding on the main sheath body to cut down on noise
• Buttcap is physically separated from the tang by handle substrate material allowing for shock absorption when used as a hammer and to electrically isolate the blade from the buttcap
• sheath is easily detachable from the vest plate and can be used as a handle when using the buttcap to hammer
|Blade Length||4.84 inches|
|Blade Material||Stainless Steel (420HC)|
|Sheath Material||ballistic nylon|
|Blade Edge||Partially Serrated/ComboEdge|
|Handle Material||Glass-Filled Nylon|
|Total Length||10.59 inches|
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|
|Knife Weight||11.67 ounces|
What is the story of the knife?
I purchased this knife prior to deployment to Iraq. I found this to be a fine example of Gerber's quality and workmanship. I am very impressed with the knife and expect that it will continue to serve me well.
Haven't used knife yet. Seems well made & useful for a variety of things.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
In 1939 Joseph Gerber hired a local knife maker to build 25 sets of kitchen cutlery to be given as Christmas gifts. The knives were so popular that Joseph Gerber left his advertising agency to start Gerber Legendary BladesÂ®. The unique style and high quality manufacturing of Gerber cutlery soon developed wide spread acclaim. In fact, Gerber Legendary Blades are the only cutlery on display in New YorkÂs famous Museum of Modern Art.
From very early on, Gerber collaborated with top knife designers, setting a standard of quality for everyone else to follow. Renowned designers such as Al Mar, Bob Loveless, Paul Poehlmann, "Blackie" Collins, William Harsey Jr. and Ernest Emerson have all designed knives for Gerber. In 2002 this tradition continued as Gerber released the Silver TridentÂ, designed by Chief James "Patches" Watson (U.S.N. Ret.) and Bill Harsey Jr.
Today, Gerber continues to design and manufacture unique, high quality outdoor recreation products. In 2003 we are proud to introduce the next generation of multi-tools: the RecoilÂ Auto-Plier. By constantly utilizing new technology and innovative design to develop new products, Gerber continues to be an industry leader.
Why buy from Knife Depot?
- Free Shipping - We offer free shipping on orders over $99. Our products often ship out the same day they are ordered.
- Free Return Shipping for 60 Days - If you're not happy with your new knife, then neither are we. At Knife Depot, we offer a 60-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee with free return shipping.
- Over 10,000 Badass Knives in Stock - We carry a huge selection of knives from the world's top brands.
- Razor Sharp Customer Service - We don't just sell knives, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
We don't just sell knives, we use them in our lives every day. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about this tool. I still even have the first knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Knife Depot
Looking for a way to give your knife an extra dash of pizzazz? At Knife Depot, you can customize any of our 10,000 knives with an inscription or logo. The cost is $19.99 per knife for up to three knives with the same inscription. If you want four or more knives with the same inscription or logo, it costs $5.99 per knife. Click here for more information about our engraved knives.
Want to get your engraved knife even faster? Our Quick Ship personalized knives program features a selection of popular knives that are ready to be engraved and shipped right away for less.
Got questions about our knife personalization? Give us a ring at 1-800-248-1987 or email us.