Have basic questions about knife shape, knife anatomy and what knife will fit your needs? Our general knife advice section is a great tutorial for novice knife collectors or those needing a refresher on what makes a great knife.
- How To Choose the Best Survival Knife - Picture yourself in a survival situation. Perhaps you got injured on a solo hunting trip or maybe you became disoriented while walking through a forest and got lost. Regardless of how you end up in a survival situation, a knife is one of the few tools that will give you a fighting chance at making it out alive.
- How to Choose a Knife For Everyday Carry (EDC) - In one day, your Everyday Carry needs to be able to cut open fruit and save someone's life. Here's a look at what pocket knives make good EDC knives.
- Pocket Knife Buying Guide - Since pocket knives have been around for so many centuries, they've evolved and branched out into many different styles, leaving you with thousands of models to choose from. Choices are a good thing, but they can also make it overwhelming.
- Buying the Right Knife - Four steps to buying the best knife for your needs.
- Types of Knives - Summary of the different styles and functions of knives.
- How To Buy A Diving Knife - With so many choices for diving knives on the market, how do you decide which one is right for you? Here are some tips.
- Anatomy of a Knife - A description of the anatomy of a knife and the different types of blades.
- Knife Steel Facts - Learn about the attributes and best applications of the stainless steels used in knife manufacturing.
- Specialty Outdoor Knives - Specialty outdoor knives are great for a wide range of outdoor activities.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- How to Spot a Counterfeit Knife - There's nothing worse than realizing that you've purchased a forged or counterfeit knife. Unfortunately, the counterfeit knife business is quite lucrative, as forged products can be made for as little as $5-$10 and then sold to unsuspecting buyers.
- Breakdown of the Boker Knife Brands - If you're confused by the different brands under Boker, we've got you covered. Here's a breakdown of the five brand names of Boker USA Inc.
- Knife Depot's Gift Buying Guide - Looking to get your friends and family a unique gift they'll actually use? These gift suggestions will put some bang back in your presents.