Bowie Knife Selection
Probably one of the most memorable movie quotes of all time came about when “Crocodile” Dundee scoffed at a mugger's switchblade saying, "That's not a knife." After pulling out his Bowie knife, Mick exclaimed, "THAT'S a knife!" Originally designed by Col. James Bowie, a Bowie knife describes any large sheath knife. While it may not be everyone's self-defense weapon of choice, a Bowie knife is an excellent hunting knife. In addition, their handsome appearance makes them favorites for collectors. Because of our large inventory (over 10,000 knives in stock), your order will ship quickly - often the same day. Buy now.
This Case Bowie is the pride of my cutlery collection. It's craftsmanship is perfection. I own many Case xx knives some made as far back as WWII and this Bowie is my favorite. The price ic well worth the quality that is made into this knife. The heavy thick cut leather sheath is also well worth talking about. This is a true piece of art that no one will regret purchasing! Enjoy, Joe
This is a beautiful and well crafted knife. I have received many fine comments on the weight, balance and appearance. It is an excellent addition to my collection.
The knife I ordered came fast and it's awesome!
The Bowie knife i bought, exceeded my expectations. I dont normally buy knives on the internet, cause i like to feel the balance, craftsmanship and materials before i buy it. This knife is great.
The quality is excellent ! The total package met my exspectations !
The knife is flawless, very sharp.
I was somewhat disappointed when I received the knife and found the eagle head was not even on the knife and will not stay on it. Anytime anyone picks up this knife, they have to be careful of the head falling off.
Rapid handling, processing, shipment, destination arrival well above par. Much, much more that I had expected. Product was as described on the internet. Very satisfied to elated.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.