Bowie Knife Selection
Probably one of the most memorable movie quotes of all time came about when “Crocodile” Dundee scoffed at a mugger's switchblade saying, "That's not a knife." After pulling out his Bowie knife, Mick exclaimed, "THAT'S a knife!" Originally designed by Col. James Bowie, a Bowie knife describes any large sheath knife. While it may not be everyone's self-defense weapon of choice, a Bowie knife is an excellent hunting knife. In addition, their handsome appearance makes them favorites for collectors. Because of our large inventory (over 10,000 knives in stock), your order will ship quickly - often the same day. Buy now.
I just received my Leroy Bowie knife and I am quite pleased. It is as advertised, big, sharp, and heavy. You can't go wrong for a $50 Schrade knife. I do recommend this if you like big and nasty choppers. I'm also pleased of how quickly it was delivered. I can't wait for my katana to arrive now, I can only hope I feel the same way as I am with my bowie, I'm sure these won't be the only items I get from the Knife Depot.
This knife is fantastic! I wish there was a way to secure the knife in the scabbard, but that was easily remedied with a piece of black elastic
I just received this knife today and I must admit I'm very impressed for the money spent. The knife itself is beautiful, nice looking Damascus blade but the handle could have used a little more attention to detail (highs and lows at the bone and brass spacers). The sheath is awesome, very handsome with the gator insert. All I can add is "buy one you won't be disappointed"
Speedy delivery considering the distance covered, (United Kingdom), tracking ideal. The product is perfect, made well, very handsome and substantial knife, would recommend this item and the sellers with no hesitation.
It is Dam Cool looking!!!! I am not sure how useful the top teeth are or they more of a dangerous to the user? The knife only received 4 stars is because one side if the handle is a little loose, what should I expect from made in China.
I bought this knife as pretty much an "impulse purchase;" I had a Bowie knife years ago, when I was serving in Southeast Asia, and this one looked pretty good. It more than looks good, it is pretty much a work of art. (I would have gone 5 stars if the brass hilt was brazed to the blade.) I can see a lot of utility for this knife both at home and in the field. Good knife, great price. Thanks, Knife Depot.
I was expecting a knife that just looked great, but made cheaply. Well, this knife looks great AND feels like a much more expensive knife AND is most functional too! I'm super happy with this badass knife! Thanks again, Knife Depot!
Excellent chopper and utility knife/machete. Grips well, but at hotspot at between thumb and forefinger which could be trouble some after extended use.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.