Bowie Knife Selection
Probably one of the most memorable movie quotes of all time came about when “Crocodile” Dundee scoffed at a mugger's switchblade saying, "That's not a knife." After pulling out his Bowie knife, Mick exclaimed, "THAT'S a knife!" Originally designed by Col. James Bowie, a Bowie knife describes any large sheath knife. While it may not be everyone's self-defense weapon of choice, a Bowie knife is an excellent hunting knife. In addition, their handsome appearance makes them favorites for collectors. Because of our large inventory (over 10,000 knives in stock), your order will ship quickly - often the same day. Buy now.
Awesome knife for a Awesome price. Always wanted a Ontario knife knowing they were well crafted and they did not let me down. Sharp as can be, holds an edge and. ..... It's Made in America!
Very fast delivery. The knife was even better than described. It arrived extremely sharp.
Showed up with a steel S type guard not brass. The bevels and edge are clean and strait. The wood handle transitions smoothly to the metal. Leather sheath is nice but it has the stupid strap with the snap that gets cut by the edge and blocks the guard unless you hold it out of the way. The S type guard will allow me to replace it with a hammer thong like on a revolver holster.
The blade is Hanzo steel!? From the antler of a 28 point super buck!?
I really like this knife, but the blade had a few blemishes that I easily worked out, I just did not expect them. The handle is also slightly loose, but I don't think I intend to use it as a utility knife, so it shouldn't be a big deal. Beautiful knife.
It is a good looking weapon. Looks like something a Klingon Warrior would use. In all fairness it is a practical knife and can stand up to any abuse you can through at it. It is nicely weighted and the rosewood handle really sets it off. I would recommend this piece of equipment to any survivalist.
Great first buy from here. Great balance for a large knife. Came with a bit of a scuff on the handle but sanded it out fine
Well built & good looking. Everyone asks where I got it. i Have been collecting knives for a long time & I really like it.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.