Bowie Knife Selection
Probably one of the most memorable movie quotes of all time came about when “Crocodile” Dundee scoffed at a mugger's switchblade saying, "That's not a knife." After pulling out his Bowie knife, Mick exclaimed, "THAT'S a knife!" Originally designed by Col. James Bowie, a Bowie knife describes any large sheath knife. While it may not be everyone's self-defense weapon of choice, a Bowie knife is an excellent hunting knife. In addition, their handsome appearance makes them favorites for collectors. Because of our large inventory (over 10,000 knives in stock), your order will ship quickly - often the same day. Buy now.
Used other knives of same size for years. The sheath is awesome as it swivels when you get into your truck so you don't have to take it off every time you get in your vehicle. The blade came extremely sharp and it has heft to it for chopping, splitting and what ever other chores around the house or in the field.
It is a wild looking knife and it is sharp too right out of the box.
I like this knife because it is different from the rest
Knife is great, sheath is solid.
Awesome! Did I mention AWESOME?!
Superb craftmenship - not only does it look good it is a highly functional and it feels good in your hand.
I wasn't expecting it to be as big as it was but man this is a beautiful knife I just love it.It looks good in my display case
Excellent knife. Very good balance between price and quality. Well built and finished, excellent. Nice blade. Simple but very good quality, I recommend you to acquire it. Folder as well is nice quality, good leather and thick.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.