Ka-bar Knives Bowie Knife Selection
exceeds my expectations, 100% pleased
Jim owned the first one and now I have my own.
I own 2 Bear & Sons Bowie knives. One stainless one w/ stag handles and a damascus bowie that came with cocobolo handle scales. I changed the handle to an exotic wood called bubinga. Added finger grooves and a hook in the handle to keep it from flying out of my hand. Both as sharp as a razor, but my dama blade holds a wickedly sharp edge. It'll cut ya if ya look at it ! I own a lot of Bowie knives and these 2 are amoung my top 10 ! #3&4 to be exact. Very tough blades
Beautiful knife. The only downside is that it is made in Taiwan. Only time will tell how well it holds up.
I was pleased with my purchase as I needed to have a fine example of this iconic knife.The delivery was good even considering the Australian customs requirements but the knife arrived in good condition.
excellent tool for the camp or off grid chopping is a breeze with this knife and the cutting edge of the blade holds up extremely well under all conditions I have put it through thus far ! Thank you for a fine product at a reasonable price.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.