Ka-bar Knives Bowie Knife Selection
The Bowie knife i bought, exceeded my expectations. I dont normally buy knives on the internet, cause i like to feel the balance, craftsmanship and materials before i buy it. This knife is great.
The quality is excellent ! The total package met my exspectations !
The knife is flawless, very sharp.
I was somewhat disappointed when I received the knife and found the eagle head was not even on the knife and will not stay on it. Anytime anyone picks up this knife, they have to be careful of the head falling off.
Rapid handling, processing, shipment, destination arrival well above par. Much, much more that I had expected. Product was as described on the internet. Very satisfied to elated.
The Silver Stag Big Bowie is a beautiful knife. As a collector, I know a quality knife when I see one. I only have one issue with this knife. The metal snap on the side of the sheath scratches the blade when removing or inserting the knife. The scratches were on the knife when I received it. A knife of this quality should have a sheath that totally protects the blade...
Very good, functional knife. I like the authentic look and feel of the knife. I have been using an authentic Panawal from Nepal when I need a functional hunting knife for large animals. I will take the Bowie with me on my next hunting trip back to South Africa.
THE ULTIMATE MALL NINJA! Awesome. Big globs of solder around guard. At least it's fixed in place and not a rattling guard. Would actually hurt someone so be careful, but this thing is so ... how else do you say mall ninja? I really would not want to be in the woods relying on this knife for survival though. Doesny seem structurally reliable for abuse. It is exactly what I expected and I am very happy with my purchase.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.