Old Hickory Chef's Knife / Santoku Selection
Beautiful and functional. I feel it was worth every penny spent.
If I could only have one knife, and I have many, it would be this one. It's the best I've ever used. Excellent price too. Have now given three as gifts to our children... and they feel the same way. Easy to sharpen and holds a good edge. Nice to have something as good as advertised. Knife Depot gave excellent service at a busy time of year, too.
This knife is a finely made piece art. A note to the other review You should NEVER put a knife in the dishwasher of any kind. The heat destroys the edge. I bet all the knives in your drawer are dull. These knives should be hand cleaned a coat of light olive oil or similar type food grade oil on them when you put them away. The same reason you NEVER put cast iron in the dishwasher it destroys the seasoning and build up of essential oils that create the nonstick properties of a well seasoned skillet.
Knife was awesome quality, was a little disappointed in the size of the logo imprinted on the knife, it was a little small, thought it would be bigger. Other than that, the clients I gave them to really liked them. Next time I will request a larger logo.
A great deal on this well built and ergonomic knife.
I give this knife 3 stars. Its okay and has potential. But when I got the knife. I was pretty disappointed. The blade was not sharp what so ever. The handle is kinda uncomfortable. It just needs some more touches at home to make it a good knife.
Fantastic knife for the money. I purchased two. One for the kitchen and one for "tail-gating" at football games. Both keep an edge and are easy to sharpen with a steel. As with any good knife I hand wash and use the sharpening steel after heavy cutting.
This is an excellent knife. It looks good and handles well.
- Kitchen Cutlery Storage Options - While knives often take some natural wear and tear from cooking, you can significantly extend the life of your knife by considering how you store them.
- Purchasing Your First Kitchen Knife Set - Buying your first kitchen knife set can be a daunting purchase. Here are a few tips for choosing your knives.
- The Three Knives You Need in Your Kitchen - You don't need too many tools to get started in your kitchen, but you do need these three knives. Read about this trio of blades and learn how to identify each, when to use it, and how to wield it.
- How to Teach a Child to Use a Knife - The more knowledgeable children are about knives, the less likely they are to use them inappropriately or dangerously. If you're interested in teaching your child how to use a knife, here are some tips you should remember.
- Types of Knife Blade Materials - There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
- How To Keep Kitchen Knives Sharp - Over time, improper maintenance and care can lead to knives becoming dull and ineffective. For those looking for ways to extend the life of a knife and keep its blade sharp and pristine, here are a few tips.