Muela of Spain Fixed Blade Knives
The Vanguard is the most practical fixed blade knife I have ever owned. Perfect size, balance, and feels comfortable in my hand. A true winner.
20 year US Army Attack Helicopter Pilot, yes I am familiar with and love most Gerber knifes........ I still have my Gerber BMF ! First let me say I really like dealing with the Knife Depot. Orders are quick to process and ship, great prices, frequent discounts and a badass knife of the week ! I bought 1 Gerber Strong Arm in black with a partial serrated edge . Gerber has hit the mark with this one, fit, finish and price! Awesome fixed blade with a military style sheath ready to clip on to any of your gear. I most recently bought a second for my son in law to be, a US Marine in the coyote tan,color and had it engraved with his name rank and USMC for his most recent promotion, what a great gift, what a great knife.
For the price point I got exactly what I wanted in this knife. I give it 5 stars based on that. I've had $150 dollar knives that I've lost after one field problem. I wanted a down and dirty punching and stabbing knife to carry that could do just that without having to worry about caring too much if I lost it. The quality of this replica trench knife is above and beyond that of the cheaper m1918 that DudK has to offer. I have both. Add to that the great service and speedy shipment and it was a win win.
This is a surprise of a knife for me. I bought it because I liked the way it looked, but mostly I liked the sheath. Its so hard to find a knife these days that comes with a real leather sheath. This knife has a heavy duty, real leather sheath that needs no fastening system at all. The entire design and quality of this knife is remarkable. The surprise Im talking about is that its made in China! If I would have known that before I bought it, I probably would not have. But I will give credit where credit is due, and thats to the quality only of this knife, not the patriotism. All in all, its a damn fine knife for the price.
The knife is flawless, very sharp.
Great Steel , razor sharp , very well made knife , sheath not so much !!!!
The handle is well made and fits in my smallish hands well. The blade seems sturdy and the sheath seems good quality. My only gripes are that the blade came somewhat dull and I don't have anything to sharpen it with. Also the clip on the sheath is not locking, so it is basically useless. I had to buy an aftermarket locking clip so the sheath will stay attached to your clothing when you remove the knife.
I was somewhat disappointed when I received the knife and found the eagle head was not even on the knife and will not stay on it. Anytime anyone picks up this knife, they have to be careful of the head falling off.
- All About KA-BAR Knives - From its interesting origin story to its countless variations, the KA-BAR knife has a rich history. In this article, we break down everything you need to know about KA-BAR Knives, Inc.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- A Guide to Pocket Knife Blade Steel - This guide aims to help you make a more informed choice regarding blade steel. Most of the points apply equally to folding and fixed blade knives, especially smaller fixed blades designed for light/medium cutting.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Types of Knife Blade Materials - There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
- How to Spot a Counterfeit Knife - There's nothing worse than realizing that you've purchased a forged or counterfeit knife. Unfortunately, the counterfeit knife business is quite lucrative, as forged products can be made for as little as $5-$10 and then sold to unsuspecting buyers.
- Types of Knife Handles - For anyone looking to buy a new knife, whether a chef or outdoorsman, the handle is a significant feature that should not be overlooked. Here is some information about common styles and types of handles.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each