Schrade Fixed Blade Knives
Good pricing Knife Depot, though the savings is exaggerated. Cabela's everyday price is $70.00 and ships free. Great knife but could benefit broader shank in the handle.
This knife is great to say the least. The blade is nice and sturdy and the weight of the knife is great. Who could complain about the price also? This knife goes with me on every trip into the bush. I highly recommend this knife!
Great knife but comes dull
Good knife, came sharp out of the box!
Beautiful knife. Excellent weight and balance. Cocobolo handle is a work of art. Knife is proudly displayed in my collection.
Already wrote one review, but forgot to add something. This knife would be perfect if the handle was a little less flat. I realize it is a trade off between portability and grip power. If the handle profile was closer to a KABAR handle, this knife would be a real gem. It would make for a more confident grip under combat applications. This may be a personal preference, however. This is a great knife for the price of entry.
The 4 stars is with the caveat that I have not had a chance to use it in the field yet. If it proves durable, then the 5th star is warranted. Good build overall. The knife, grip, and sheath system seem reliable. The sheath can be configured to attach to your body a number of ways. Great for military applications. The factory edge is very nice; I have nothing bad to say about the knife and it's build, and ergonomics. The sheath has a pressure release system that you can thumb down fairly quietly to pull out the blade. The full tang blade has a good heft to it and probably will not break under duress. I can't comment on how well the edge keeps at this point.
This knife is the best in budget knives, because you get a high quality knife for a low price. Although it was nice to get a ferro rod, it doesn't light as well as other fire starters. Also the threads on the sheath started to unravel. Not a big problem because it keeps you and the knife protected, just wish it was threaded better. This is still a very good knife and you wouldn't buy it just for the ferro rod or a top of the line sheath anyway. Awesome knife!!!!
- All About KA-BAR Knives - From its interesting origin story to its countless variations, the KA-BAR knife has a rich history. In this article, we break down everything you need to know about KA-BAR Knives, Inc.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- A Guide to Pocket Knife Blade Steel - This guide aims to help you make a more informed choice regarding blade steel. Most of the points apply equally to folding and fixed blade knives, especially smaller fixed blades designed for light/medium cutting.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Types of Knife Blade Materials - There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
- How to Spot a Counterfeit Knife - There's nothing worse than realizing that you've purchased a forged or counterfeit knife. Unfortunately, the counterfeit knife business is quite lucrative, as forged products can be made for as little as $5-$10 and then sold to unsuspecting buyers.
- Types of Knife Handles - For anyone looking to buy a new knife, whether a chef or outdoorsman, the handle is a significant feature that should not be overlooked. Here is some information about common styles and types of handles.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each