Schrade Hunting Knife Collection
The edge comes sharp from the box but it is way too steep to do actual work with. The steel quality is way above what you pay for it. So I fixed the edge and used the heck out of it. Simply amazing. Holds its edge very long and splitting branches for dry fire wood don't damage it at all. Make some feathers and the ferro Rod that comes with it throws more sparks than I expected it to. I got e leather sheath because I thought it would have a Velcro retention strap. The new ones come with a snap, so now I have two good sheaths for it. It would be a solid 5 if the edge came less steep but it is what it is. Fix the edge so you can use it and then use the heck out of it and don't worry about it. Sharpens back up quick. It's easy on the hands, easy to carry and does work you wouldn't think of doing with other knives the same size that are thinner. Get it, fix the edge and use it. The black finish wears off quick though, don't care because no finish lasts long for me.
This knife is the best in budget knives, because you get a high quality knife for a low price. Although it was nice to get a ferro rod, it doesn't light as well as other fire starters. Also the threads on the sheath started to unravel. Not a big problem because it keeps you and the knife protected, just wish it was threaded better. This is still a very good knife and you wouldn't buy it just for the ferro rod or a top of the line sheath anyway. Awesome knife!!!!
Beautiful steel,super sharp,great handle.Even the hand gourd is Damascus. I was surprised at how heavy duty the sheath was
I have had this knife for over forty years. Is and always has been one of my favorite go to hunting knives. Impeccable build, perfect ergonomics. This is how all knives should be made. At 54 I know it's gonna outlast me. Thank you Buck knives for a lifetime of great memories.
This blade is one of the best values for the price I have seen. Yes, it is foreign made, but the quality of the steel and the fit and finish are excellent and very close to several bushcraft / survival blades I own that cost 3 times more ! The sheath is basic, but serviceable and the ferro rod and sharpener are a real bonus . Schrade got it right with the SCHF 51.
This is an extremely beautiful knife. I bought it to use as a ceremonial blade, I am a Wiccan. The craftsmanship and detail are exquisite. I like the weight of it, the damascened blade, and the sheath is simple, attractive, well made and practical. I am honored to carry such a gorgeous tool. Thank you so much.
Like it. perfect size, great looks and easy to carry
- The Complete Hunting Knife Buying Guide - This guide has everything you ever need to know about the hunting knife, from its rich history to its many uses and characteristics.
- How to Choose the Best Hunting Knife - When it comes to hunting, accept nothing but the best. In this article, we break down how to find the best hunting knife for your needs.
- Hunting Knife Characteristics - We've broken down some of the key component of hunting knives to help you make an informed decision about your next purchase.
- History of the Buck Knife - The Buck Knife, a term mostly used to refer to folding locked-blade knives, is also the namesake of one of the most successful knife manufacturers in the country. Learn more about the history of Buck Knives.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each