Gerber Gator Combo Axe
For the Gator-hunter in all of us, the Gerber Gator axe is a dream come true. This uniquely engineered axe is a multipurpose cutting machine, featuring a convenient knife blade housed securely and ergonomically inside the handle of the axe itself! Gerber's own patented texturized rubber lines the handle of the Gator axe for a superior grip, and is fitted over a nearly-indestructible glass-filled nylon handle. The handle also houses a magnetic stop for the knife, to ensure that your axe will perform its primary function without hassle. Forged from steel, this axe will retain an edge for a very long time, and makes the perfect accessory, whether out on the bayou or camping close to home.
• Max blade length (in.): (Axe) 2.7 / (saw) 6 inches
• Weight: 2 pounds
• Overall Length: (Axe) 15.5 / (saw) 10.25 inches
• Handle material: Nylon/rubber
• Blade material: Steel
• Weight (g): 907 grams
|Blade Length||2.63 inches|
|Total Length||8.75 inches|
|Knife Type||Fixed Blade|
What is the story of the knife?
Awesome combo and it has been with me everyday love it
Just what I ordered. Great for hunting.
It is sharp, a good little backpacking hatchet, and splits wood very nicely. The knife was a bit smaller than I expected. I think I would probably get the one with the saw in the handle if I had to do it again.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
In 1939 Joseph Gerber hired a local knife maker to build 25 sets of kitchen cutlery to be given as Christmas gifts. The knives were so popular that Joseph Gerber left his advertising agency to start Gerber Legendary BladesÂ®. The unique style and high quality manufacturing of Gerber cutlery soon developed wide spread acclaim. In fact, Gerber Legendary Blades are the only cutlery on display in New YorkÂs famous Museum of Modern Art.
From very early on, Gerber collaborated with top knife designers, setting a standard of quality for everyone else to follow. Renowned designers such as Al Mar, Bob Loveless, Paul Poehlmann, "Blackie" Collins, William Harsey Jr. and Ernest Emerson have all designed knives for Gerber. In 2002 this tradition continued as Gerber released the Silver TridentÂ, designed by Chief James "Patches" Watson (U.S.N. Ret.) and Bill Harsey Jr.
Today, Gerber continues to design and manufacture unique, high quality outdoor recreation products. In 2003 we are proud to introduce the next generation of multi-tools: the RecoilÂ Auto-Plier. By constantly utilizing new technology and innovative design to develop new products, Gerber continues to be an industry leader.
Why buy from Knife Depot?
- Free Shipping - We offer free shipping on orders over $99. Our products often ship out the same day they are ordered.
- Free Return Shipping for 60 Days - If you're not happy with your new knife, then neither are we. At Knife Depot, we offer a 60-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee with free return shipping.
- Over 10,000 Badass Knives in Stock - We carry a huge selection of knives from the world's top brands.
- Razor Sharp Customer Service - We don't just sell knives, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
We don't just sell knives, we use them in our lives every day. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about this tool. I still even have the first knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Knife Depot