Schrade Pocket Knives (3+ Blade)
My family members have carried tree brand knives as long as I can remember. My uncle gave me my first one back in the 1960's. They got really hard to find until the internet came along. I sure am glad I found them again. Seems like all the other big names have gone to China and the quality went downhill right away.
Just like the one my Dad carried everyday.
Good solid functional knife.
Just what I was looking for a functional knife. Holds a sharp blade so I don't have to spend time sharping.
Upon the first use of this knife, the leather awl broke. I was just cleaning up some old leather harness when it snapped. I'm sending it back to Taylor Brands who own Old Timer for repair. The jury is still out on the result.
I got my first Schrade 80T knife in early 1960 when I went to work full time. I have had one or more, and used them on the jobs I have had all the time I was working. I am now 73 years old, and this is still my favorite carry knife. I own over 50 pocket knives but this is the one I present to my grandchildren, both sexes. My youngest daughter came over several months ago to see if I had an extra as she needed a knife for camping. She has 7 sons and 2 daughters. I have tried other knives, but this one is just a good go to knife that does the job.
It's extremely hard to find a 3 blade knife like this with a punch blade. The blades are good, it has good quality and I love the classic look.
Nice compact 4 blade whittling knife. There is a problem with the spring bar being too stiff for the smallest blade. It makes getting the blade out very difficult.
- 101 Uses for the Pocket Knife - To help educate the general population on the ways we use knives in everyday life, we assembled this list of 101 uses for the pocket knife.
- How to Start and Build a Case Knife Collection - Case is an American tradition, which is why so many people love collecting their products. Here's how you can get started collecting Case Knives and what you need to be successful.
- A Guide to Pocket Knife Blade Steel - This guide aims to help you make a more informed choice regarding blade steel. Most of the points apply equally to folding and fixed blade knives, especially smaller fixed blades designed for light/medium cutting.
- Pocket Knife Buying Guide - Since pocket knives have been around for so many centuries, they've evolved and branched out into many different styles, leaving you with thousands of models to choose from. Choices are a good thing, but they can also make it overwhelming.
- Best Pocket Knife Guide - With thousands of knives on the market, it can be hard to wade through the options to find the best of the best. To make things easier, we created this guide to break down what makes the best pocket knives and included some recommendations.
- How to Choose a Knife For Everyday Carry (EDC) - In one day, your Everyday Carry needs to be able to cut open fruit and save someone's life. Here's a look at what pocket knives make good EDC knives.
- Pocket Knives and Airports - TSA Knife Rules - What happens when you're heading to the airport with your pocket knife?
- Teaching Kids About Knife Safety - It's important to teach knife safety to your kids at a young age. Here are some tips for the best way to instruct your child to safely use knives.
- Types of Knife Blade Materials - There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
- Types of Knife Handles - For anyone looking to buy a new knife, whether a chef or outdoorsman, the handle is a significant feature that should not be overlooked. Here is some information about common styles and types of handles.
- Pocket Knife Lock Types - Pocket knives rely on a variety of mechanisms to open and close. Here are explanations of some of the most common pocket knife locks, such as liner locks, frame locks and ring locks.
- Styles of Slip-joint Pocket Knives - Want to know more about the different styles of slip-joint pocket knives? Here's a breakdown of five different popular pocket knife styles: barlow knives, canoe knives, congress knives, elephant's foot knives and stockman knives.
- Six benefits of carrying a pocket knife - A few great uses for carrying a pocket knife, including opening boxes, camping, fishing & more.