When you're lost in the jungle or battling the elements, there's only one thing you should have in your hand: a survival knife. Survival knives not only act as durable tools to cut down branches or skin animals but they can also be the difference between life and death. And if you're trusting your life with one of these knives, it's important to have the best. At Knife Depot, we have a huge selection of quality survival knives you can trust in any situation. We have everything from carbon steel serrated blades to durable handles with survival kits inside.
Need help choosing? Check out our guide to picking the best survival knife. And remember, every survival knife is backed by our 60-day, money-back guarantee because your knife may be the most important thing you ever buy.
Super sharp blade right out of the box and well balanced. The handle material could be less slick, but otherwise an excellent camp knife and would do well as a culinary knife too! I would recommend this blade, but I would also say get some after market micarta or G10 handles.
Upon opening, it seemed like a truly impressive package. It has good weight, balance, and seems intimidating. I immediately took to putting it through its paces puncturing both plastic, and steel drums. Great for chopping limbs, and handles batoning wood quite well. Very impressed!
A well balanced knife yes simple and light the tan handle was stained from the box. This handle is well fitting to my large hands, it really works well at fine jobs. My complaint is the material on the handle stains when handled and sweating this ruins the whole quality look you expect from a knife at this price. IT ALSO CHANGES THE GRIP. I feel that handles should be replaced the knife should be black in whole anyway. A strong blade and easy handling, I also have same problem with RAT 7 a heavy all around great knife, again the handle just stains to easily and has a nasty patina out of the box I'll rate this at a 4.5.
Great knife, fast shipping, just like I ordered it.
This is a bugout bag item for my wife. I already own a big tactical knife...I replaced it with this guy for myself as well. Great buy.
A good,rugged blade looks indestructible good firm handle, but a little bit too clubby for my personal taste.
My knife is awesome. I have showed it off a time or two and everyone of my buds were impressed also. The carrying case was broke on arrival. That is a bummer!
- All About KA-BAR Knives - From its interesting origin story to its countless variations, the KA-BAR knife has a rich history. In this article, we break down everything you need to know about KA-BAR Knives, Inc.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- A Guide to Pocket Knife Blade Steel - This guide aims to help you make a more informed choice regarding blade steel. Most of the points apply equally to folding and fixed blade knives, especially smaller fixed blades designed for light/medium cutting.
- How To Choose The Best Survival Knife - Need to make sure you're ready when the going gets tough? Check out our survival knife guide to find the best survival knife for your needs.
- How to Choose a Knife For Everyday Carry (EDC) - In one day, your Everyday Carry needs to be able to cut open fruit and save someone's life. Here's a look at what pocket knives make good EDC knives.
- Pocket Knives and Airports - TSA Knife Rules - What happens when you're heading to the airport with your pocket knife?
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Types of Knife Blade Materials - There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
- How to Spot a Counterfeit Knife - There's nothing worse than realizing that you've purchased a forged or counterfeit knife. Unfortunately, the counterfeit knife business is quite lucrative, as forged products can be made for as little as $5-$10 and then sold to unsuspecting buyers.
- Types of Knife Handles - For anyone looking to buy a new knife, whether a chef or outdoorsman, the handle is a significant feature that should not be overlooked. Here is some information about common styles and types of handles.
- Pocket Knife Lock Types - Pocket knives rely on a variety of mechanisms to open and close. Here are explanations of some of the most common pocket knife locks, such as liner locks, frame locks and ring locks.
- How to Defend Against a Knife Attack - What should you do when you find yourself facing an attacker with a knife? Here are a few tips to keep you safe from a knife attack.
- Five Uses for a Survival Knife - Survival knives are some of the most rugged blades known to man and have a multitude of functions in the great outdoors. Here are some tips on different ways you can use your survival knife.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Six benefits of carrying a pocket knife - A few great uses for carrying a pocket knife, including opening boxes, camping, fishing & more.