Spyderco Survival Knives
I've had this knife for a few years now and its not just the price that makes this great. I've taken this blade on every outing, even just a day of fishing. Holds a great edge, the rubber grip makes it a breeze to grip when wet or dry and this thing is tough as nails!
Badass. Nice edge. Feels good in the hands
I rate it 4 stars on its sheath alone. I'd give it a 5 star for looks and feel. I cannot rate its 1095 steel quality and edge retention because I have not had it long enough or used it enough to know.
The knife is well constructed, it is a KABAR, the only issue I have is with the sheath. While it is a good construction and well design, there is a small pouch that is on the front of the sheath that could be used for something but that something is not clear.
I have a number of Shrade knives and they're all quality blades. I'd stack my Shrade next to any knife costing three times as much. 1095 carbon steel is one of the easiest to sharpen steels on the market. It holds it's edge, I can litterally shave with any one of them. They're thick, tough, durable full tang tools you'll pass on to your children and they're more than capable. What have you got to loose for thirty bucks. If you buy one Shrade you will buy more. I've never bought a knife that was so well made and of such high quality steel for such a reasonable price than Schrade.
nice heavy working man's knife.
Loved this product, I bought it for a birthday gift for a friend. The sharpening stone is perfect, the knife is a great solid weight knife, extremely sharp out of the box.
I have had this knife for several years and, along with my K-Bar, it is my favorite. Short blade, but very efficient and tough. Holds a good edge and easy to sharpen when needed. Did not care for the "blond" handle and sheath. Covered them liberally on a hot day with an excellent leather oil. Set them in the sun for over an hour to cure. Turned both into a very handsome dark brown. Most every summer, I oil all my leather belts, sheaths, field boots and work shoes. This is an outstanding product at an excellent price. Very happy to have it in the field with me at any time. Semper Fi.
- All About KA-BAR Knives - From its interesting origin story to its countless variations, the KA-BAR knife has a rich history. In this article, we break down everything you need to know about KA-BAR Knives, Inc.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- A Guide to Pocket Knife Blade Steel - This guide aims to help you make a more informed choice regarding blade steel. Most of the points apply equally to folding and fixed blade knives, especially smaller fixed blades designed for light/medium cutting.
- How To Choose The Best Survival Knife - Need to make sure you're ready when the going gets tough? Check out our survival knife guide to find the best survival knife for your needs.
- How to Choose a Knife For Everyday Carry (EDC) - In one day, your Everyday Carry needs to be able to cut open fruit and save someone's life. Here's a look at what pocket knives make good EDC knives.
- Pocket Knives and Airports - TSA Knife Rules - What happens when you're heading to the airport with your pocket knife?
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Types of Knife Blade Materials - There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
- How to Spot a Counterfeit Knife - There's nothing worse than realizing that you've purchased a forged or counterfeit knife. Unfortunately, the counterfeit knife business is quite lucrative, as forged products can be made for as little as $5-$10 and then sold to unsuspecting buyers.
- Types of Knife Handles - For anyone looking to buy a new knife, whether a chef or outdoorsman, the handle is a significant feature that should not be overlooked. Here is some information about common styles and types of handles.
- Pocket Knife Lock Types - Pocket knives rely on a variety of mechanisms to open and close. Here are explanations of some of the most common pocket knife locks, such as liner locks, frame locks and ring locks.
- How to Defend Against a Knife Attack - What should you do when you find yourself facing an attacker with a knife? Here are a few tips to keep you safe from a knife attack.
- Five Uses for a Survival Knife - Survival knives are some of the most rugged blades known to man and have a multitude of functions in the great outdoors. Here are some tips on different ways you can use your survival knife.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Six benefits of carrying a pocket knife - A few great uses for carrying a pocket knife, including opening boxes, camping, fishing & more.