Nothing feels better than launching a throwing knife toward a 4-inch bullseye and watching it firmly stick right in the middle. Knife throwing is as much of an art as it is a hobby because it requires concentration, practice and skill that will impress anyone in sight. While you can throw any knife at a target, it won't provide the precision and accuracy of a throwing knife specifically designed for the task.
Our selection of throwing knives has something for knife throwers of all levels and includes everything from throwing axes to throwing cards. If you're interested in becoming skilled in the art of knife throwing, check out our beginners guide to throwing knives for everything you need to know about getting started. Get in on the action with a throwing knife of your own.
Throwing Knife Safety
When learning to use your throwing knife, make sure that your practice area is located in a safe place. You should have a clear view of your surroundings in all directions, so if someone enters the area you can stop throwing your knife. Spectators are always welcome, but they should stand at least 10 feet behind you. Sometimes, a throwing knife can bounce back and could cause injury. And of course, never throw your knives at people or animals.
This is my second set of these knives they are excellent quality, easy to throw.They have definitely improved my throwing, even though I am an amateur recreational thrower.
My PBT is great to throw and also very cool as a camp knife. I also use it as my EDC here on the farm. There may be more expensive knives out there but this blade has everything I need including durability.
He really enjoyed getting them. He is my son-in-law and collects knives and these were definitely unique to him.
One of the knives broke the first day i tried throwing them. Other two seem good, the sheath is also nice.
I own 3. They have Noooo trouble sticking into an target, hard. The Top curved point should be buried into the target, whilst the handle is pointing back at you at approximately the 9'o clock position.
I purchased my first set of knives after reading the American Knife Throwers Alliance specs on what a throwing knife should look like. I was amazed at how much easier it was to stick a longer and heavier knife. Soon a bought a second set so my friends could throw with me and I have found these knives to be durable and a good value. The sheath is also well made and of good quality.
Love these knives and the sheath/holster fits and works perfectly.
- The Most Exciting Knife Throwers in America - Who are the biggest names in knife throwing right now? Knife Depot has the scoop on our favorite performers and competitors.
- Knife Throwing For Beginners - Thinking about getting into the art of knife throwing? Our introduction to throwing knives teaches you everything you need to know about getting started.
- Specialty Outdoor Knives - Specialty outdoor knives are great for a wide range of outdoor activities.
- The History of Throwing Knives - Knife throwing has been a popular sport dating back to prehistoric times. Here is a short history about the creation and evolution of throwing knives.
- Tips to Make You a Better Knife Thrower - The following tips are designed to introduce the beginning thrower to the basics of knife throwing.