Nothing feels better than launching a throwing knife toward a 4-inch bullseye and watching it firmly stick right in the middle. Knife throwing is as much of an art as it is a hobby because it requires concentration, practice and skill that will impress anyone in sight. While you can throw any knife at a target, it won't provide the precision and accuracy of a throwing knife specifically designed for the task.
Our selection of throwing knives has something for knife throwers of all levels and includes everything from throwing axes to throwing cards. If you're interested in becoming skilled in the art of knife throwing, check out our beginners guide to throwing knives for everything you need to know about getting started. Get in on the action with a throwing knife of your own.
Throwing Knife Safety
When learning to use your throwing knife, make sure that your practice area is located in a safe place. You should have a clear view of your surroundings in all directions, so if someone enters the area you can stop throwing your knife. Spectators are always welcome, but they should stand at least 10 feet behind you. Sometimes, a throwing knife can bounce back and could cause injury. And of course, never throw your knives at people or animals.
Good Intro, but adding a little of my own style.
Well balanced knife with a comfortable grip. Very good for beginners like myself.
I am a novice knife thrower and this is a very good knife for beginners.
I found this product to be of excellent quality, great factory edge, and good weight for throwing. In fact, I actually filed the edges a touch to slightly dull them to make safer for throwing. These knives are a great addition to any collection, I love them! Bought these for my wife, thinking of ordering a set for myself.
I find these knives fun to throw!!! Point stays sharp after 500 throw's Awesome!!! The price is Super Good for 3 knives, you will NOT be Disappointed!!!
Very nice knives, good balance and fast.
The sure flight sport by Cold Steel is an excellent throwing knife for the price.The ones that I purchased weren't quite machined evenly (that's why I only gave them four stars instead of five) specifically the false edges were unevenly ground one knife is 2 5/8 on three of the bevels and 2 3/4 on the fourth the tips are slightly asymmetrical and the sides of the knives are not square . It's as if whoever finished shaping the knife wasn't holding the knife perpendicular to the grinder.That being said, these knives are TOUGH they will stand up to any abuse and remain perfectly functional for a lifetime they are my favorites because at 12 inches they are long enough for competition, they are a classic no frills design,and they are economical.IMHO these knives are comparable to any thrower for any price.I am forwarding decades of use with a minimum of maintenance
Very solid blades.
- The Most Exciting Knife Throwers in America - Who are the biggest names in knife throwing right now? Knife Depot has the scoop on our favorite performers and competitors.
- Knife Throwing For Beginners - Thinking about getting into the art of knife throwing? Our introduction to throwing knives teaches you everything you need to know about getting started.
- Specialty Outdoor Knives - Specialty outdoor knives are great for a wide range of outdoor activities.
- The History of Throwing Knives - Knife throwing has been a popular sport dating back to prehistoric times. Here is a short history about the creation and evolution of throwing knives.
- Tips to Make You a Better Knife Thrower - The following tips are designed to introduce the beginning thrower to the basics of knife throwing.