Cold Steel Knives Throwing Knives
As a former hobbyist of knife throwing from years ago; i put throwing on the back burner while earning my rank in Combat Martial Arts. Now having reached my Master's level and truth be told, really putting it all together, and being inducted in the Black Belt Hall of Fame; l felt l need be familiar again with knife throwing on a survival level, and not just proficient with varying sword lengths, weights, and shapes. These throwers from United Cutlery are amazing. Especially at the price AND especially made from high carbon (1055) steel-thus they can take a real 'beating'. They heavy and sturdy for only just over 8.5 inches overall length. They carry a sturdy, satisfying thud' when you stick them. They lose their black coating at the spear point, (a point very well forged for sticking) they have a double edge, not too sharp, but if you are a blade thrower vs handle, you will eventually cut yourself. That can be easily remedied by just running a file down about an inch short of the tip. l preferred to keep the edges. They are near perfectly balanced at juncture of handle and blade; near middle. This set of three is great for any level of expertise. And since they are rather short (8.75 in) they carry a 'wallop' and are easy for conceal and carry. They come come with a fairly decent thick fabric sheath; pocket for ea blade; and will carry well, but the corner studs will come out-of no consequence. The fashion of the sheath is unharmed. I would recommend these throwers to everyone interested in learning or perfecting their art. yes, 'throwing is not only a skill, it is also an Art. highly recommended for the price!! They are so fun to throw l bought another set. Try them. Stay away from any SS in that even 440 SS is still soft when throwing. You will get dings all over the knives. High carbon steel can endure, but 440 SS can not. They bend, chip and break. Not these throwers. l give them 5 stars! Thank you United Cutlery and Knife Depot! Great product, great fun!! Great 'silent' protection!! Not to be taken without serious caution!! GWR 5th Dan (Master's level Black Belt).
Great set for beginners. As long as your form and distance is right, these knives will stick every time. I'll definitely be buying more.
I'm new to throwing and am having a blast with these knives. I like them so much I bought some of Cold Steel's lighter models too. THANKS!!!
I liked this set, good thrower, nice balance. Once I got the best range, I was sticking it everytime!
Knifes are never toys.... But this set is so much fun to play with.. I use them for utility and fun-throwing...Good spin and stick very well. They come very sharp out of the box and a pleasure to work with..
This set is perfect... You have to use power but they stick a inch easy in pine at a range of 22 feet. Very accurate.. I have a split tip because throwing knife on knife is possible... A advice, grind the edge of the backside to a round shape works very well.
A good set of knives. They spin easy and stick almost every time. Very accurate. One of my favorite sets.
Feel great in the hand & great structure.
- The Most Exciting Knife Throwers in America - Who are the biggest names in knife throwing right now? Knife Depot has the scoop on our favorite performers and competitors.
- Knife Throwing For Beginners - Thinking about getting into the art of knife throwing? Our introduction to throwing knives teaches you everything you need to know about getting started.
- Specialty Outdoor Knives - Specialty outdoor knives are great for a wide range of outdoor activities.
- The History of Throwing Knives - Knife throwing has been a popular sport dating back to prehistoric times. Here is a short history about the creation and evolution of throwing knives.
- Tips to Make You a Better Knife Thrower - The following tips are designed to introduce the beginning thrower to the basics of knife throwing.