Bowie Knife Selection
Probably one of the most memorable movie quotes of all time came about when “Crocodile” Dundee scoffed at a mugger's switchblade saying, "That's not a knife." After pulling out his Bowie knife, Mick exclaimed, "THAT'S a knife!" Originally designed by Col. James Bowie, a Bowie knife describes any large sheath knife. While it may not be everyone's self-defense weapon of choice, a Bowie knife is an excellent hunting knife. In addition, their handsome appearance makes them favorites for collectors. Because of our large inventory (over 10,000 knives in stock), your order will ship quickly - often the same day. Buy now.
Just received the knife. I have many quality blades from known knife makers. This case Bowie is a very fine knife. Excellent balance, grip, and sharp, very sharp. Wish sheath matched the knife. Will have one made, will purchase another for friend.
For the price I thought I was getting a good quality Bowie, instead they don't tell you that it's made in China, I have a good edge on it but it doesn't keep the edge, dulls quickly. If I knew this knifes quality I would have never bought it.
Not a bad little knife for the price.
My husband was very satisfied .
I like the product, I have it on display
I love this knife, very attractive, and I have it on display in my house.
Excellent knife, excellent service.
I purchased the Defender as a woods chopper for hiking and fishing summer time woods. It is sized perfectly and gets the job done. I wouldn't consider it to be a high-end chopper/survival knife, but for the price it get it done.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.