Bowie Knife Selection
Probably one of the most memorable movie quotes of all time came about when “Crocodile” Dundee scoffed at a mugger's switchblade saying, "That's not a knife." After pulling out his Bowie knife, Mick exclaimed, "THAT'S a knife!" Originally designed by Col. James Bowie, a Bowie knife describes any large sheath knife. While it may not be everyone's self-defense weapon of choice, a Bowie knife is an excellent hunting knife. In addition, their handsome appearance makes them favorites for collectors. Because of our large inventory (over 10,000 knives in stock), your order will ship quickly - often the same day. Buy now.
My Grandson loves it.
The knife was bigger than I thought but that was a good thing ,handle was a little large too handle comfortably. Besides the handle the knife was everything I had hoped for.
I am truly amazed at the product for the price I honestly figured it would have flaws but none. It's beautiful and he loves it. He loves collecting knives with eagles on them but they are hard to find for a reasonable price I'm hoping to find more from your site.
Sharp, good weight, great cross tooth saw blade.... BUT... the blade has a bit of side to side play in the handle. I like the knife... but have concerns that I will pull it out to use, and the blade will still be in the sheath...Also... don't play up the "Survival" items... they are pretty cheap, and the compass is of low quality. But, even with the flaws.... I still like this knife.
My boyfriend loves it.
This is the second BK&T knife I have owned. They are shaving sharp out of the box, and durable as can be. I have no hesitation in recommending this knife.
I got my product with in a week and was very pleased by my new knife. It was very beautiful it did not come fully sharpened but I got a knife sharpener and took care of that problem and was very pleased with my purchase. I can tell that is will serve me for many many years to come i can tell by the craftsmanship of the blade. It was very easy to sharpen and recommend that other buy this knife as well i think you will be very pleased as well.
Just received the knife. I have many quality blades from known knife makers. This case Bowie is a very fine knife. Excellent balance, grip, and sharp, very sharp. Wish sheath matched the knife. Will have one made, will purchase another for friend.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Jim Bowie and The Bowie Knife - There are few knives on the market as iconic as the Bowie knife. Known for its long, curvaceous blade, which can extend up to 12 inches, the Bowie knife is a favorite of such cinematic knife-wielding warriors as Crocodile Dundee and Rambo.
- About the Bowie Knife - A Bowie knife is commonly used in modern times to refer to any large sheath knife. The term also applies to a specific style of knife designed by Colonel James
- History of the Bowie Knife - The first knife Bowie became famous with was allegedly designed by his brother Rezin in Avoyelles Parish, Louisiana and smithed by blacksmith Jesse Cleft out of an old file.