Cutlery & Kitchen Knives
Professional chefs and great home cooks will quickly tell you that you must have the right tools for the job. That doesn't mean you have to mortgage your house to get the cutlery you need. Whether you're just starting out or currently work in a restaurant, you'll find affordable kitchen knives of every type at Knife Depot. Save on the most commonly used kitchen knives, including the chef's knife, paring knife and boning knife as well as other necessities. Every good cook needs a knife roll, knife sharpener and - the pro's choice - bamboo cutting board. You'll be pleasantly surprised at our competitive prices on kitchen knives and other cutlery. Now you can buy more for less.
Easy On Your Wallet
Made from the same High Carbon German steel as many big-name companies, the Mercer Genesis Paring Knife is a quality knife at an amazing price. NSF-certified and made with soft grip synthetic handles for supreme comfort and safety, a paring knife is one of the most useful tools a cook can own.
Easy On Your Wallet
These striking kitchen knives from Ginsu are an incredible deal, and they make the perfect housewarming gift for newlyweds or college students. They have everything one needs for day-to-day cooking. Ginsu is a great brand for beginners, too, since their stainless steel blades have excellent edge retention.
Bang For Your Buck
This 8" Chef's Knife from Mercer knives is the result of a vital combination between European technology and Asian precision-engineered manufacturing, giving you the best possible value in kitchen cutlery.
The perfect mixture of superior design and quality, this is the knife of choice by celebrity chef Guy Fieri on his hit show "Guy's Big Bite". The 8" Pro-Series is designed with maximum ease-of-use and comfort in mind. .
Sharpest Tool In The Shed
When it comes to knife sets, you can't beat the classics. This 13-piece knife set suits every kitchen and every skill level. Beginners will love the knives' simple designs and good balance, while those who cook more often will be able to take advantage of their superior edge retention.
Sharpest Tool In The Shed
The Chef's Choice Professional Sharpening Station is the beginning of the finest edge you may ever see on your knives -- touted as a knife sharpener that can get your knives sharper than the day you got them! Professional grade.
Layne N. from St Paul, MN
I have three Victorinox paring knives
, the plain blade, a serrated & the peeler or Tourne seen here. They are my favorite and most used knives in my Kitchen. Right next to my 8" chef's knife
and 12" bread knife
bought as recommended by America's Test Kitchen. They got it right. Now I want the wood handle!
Honni M. from Akwesasne, ON
Joanna H. from Boonah, Old Australia
My husband and I love our Flexcut 4 blade pocket Jacks great Christmas gifts from us to us!
Tom M. from Rochester, NY
These are good, very sharp steak knives
. Good value. But do not expect anything more than a basic, utilitarian design.
Lawrence L. from Minneapolis. MN
I bought this set of knives for my married Granddaughter. I have not seen the set, but was told she is very happy with them. My daughter visited her and used the set and she also said a very nice set.
Jt W. from Denton TX
This is an excellent knife. It looks good and handles well.
Corey A. from St. Louis, MO
This is the best kitchen knife
I've ever owned. The shape of the handle and the size of the blade are just right. This knife sharpens very easily on a fine diamond hone with a few strokes on a steel to finish. Strop is few times and it will shave. My #1 in a drawer full of pricey knives.
C. A. from St. Louis, MO
This is a excellent made knife, but it doesn't sharpen very easily, and if you run it through the dishwasher, the edge-holding ability decreases dramatically. Not a good combination for a house-knife. If I had an electric hone to run it through, I'd use if more often.
Knife Blade Sizes Image
Kitchen Cutlery Storage Options
- While knives often take some natural wear and tear from cooking, you can significantly extend the life of your knife by considering how you store them.
Purchasing Your First Kitchen Knife Set
- Buying your first kitchen knife set can be a daunting purchase. Here are a few tips for choosing your knives.
The Three Knives You Need in Your Kitchen
- You don't need too many tools to get started in your kitchen, but you do need these three knives. Read about this trio of blades and learn how to identify each, when to use it, and how to wield it.
How to Teach a Child to Use a Knife
- The more knowledgeable children are about knives, the less likely they are to use them inappropriately or dangerously. If you're interested in teaching your child how to use a knife, here are some tips you should remember.
Types of Knife Blade Materials
- There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
Types of Knife Handles
- For anyone looking to buy a new knife, whether a chef or outdoorsman, the handle is a significant feature that should not be overlooked. Here is some information about common styles and types of handles.
How To Keep Kitchen Knives Sharp
- Over time, improper maintenance and care can lead to knives becoming dull and ineffective. For those looking for ways to extend the life of a knife and keep its blade sharp and pristine, here are a few tips.
Types of Kitchen Knives
- A glossary of kitchen knives to help you get started