Smith & Wesson Fixed Blade Knives
Recent Customer Reviews - Smith & Wesson Fixed Blade Knives
Bob V. from Waukegan, IL
Work of art! I carried one long ago, whilst on active duty. I gave mine to a Ghurka Captain whom I served with. Now I have a similar one with me again! It will remain in its case!
Bob V. reviewed: Gerber Command II, 30th Anniversary Limited Edition Knife
Bc K. from Backcountry Bc
Just got this knife and am pretty impressed so far. It wasn't as sharp out-of-the-box as I would've liked but after a quick sharpening session it held a razors edge. I got the Aus-8 version for the ease of maintenance as I've always found D2 hard to sharpen effectively. The sheath is pretty average. A leather one would have been better. This knife is pretty heavy duty for its size and it has a great weight to it. I plan on using it for hunting/camping as it's size is perfect for prepping a meal, skinning game, light duty wood cutting and pretty much anything else.
Bc K. reviewed: Kizlyar Supreme Nikki-Satin Fixed Blade
Bruce B. from Hot Springs.AR
A great knife for field work.
Bruce B. reviewed: United Cutlery Bushmaster Fixed Blade Survival Knife
Tyler S. from Salt Lake City. UT
Amazing knife for the price. Very well built and capable of taking some abuse. Only reason for the 4 stars is that it didn't come very sharp and the sheath is a little cheap.
Anna L. from Usa
This is the second knife Creek Stewart recommends for my kit. I bought this knife, the Becker BK2 and the Timberline Kommer Drop Point Stag Handle knives for my kits. The Becker and Blackbird I'll use for hunting and I'm already using the Timberline as my EDC. Very well made Blackbird and I understand Paul Scheiter designed this one. Very nice can't wait to use it.
Anna L. reviewed: Ontario Knife (OKC) Blackbird SK-5 Survival Knife
Anna L. from Usa
Creek Stewart recommended this as one of my knives for my kit and WOW is it big. It's everything described here. Looking forward to using it hunting.
Anna L. reviewed: Ka-bar Knives Becker BK2 with Polyester Sheath
Lana L. from Mount Clemens, MI
Wow this blade came razor sharp right out of the box. Great leather sheath to attach to my belt. Nice EDC knife and I love the stag handle.
Lana L. reviewed: Timberline Knives Kommer Trophy Drop Point Stag Handle
More Information About Fixed Blade Knives
- A Guide to Pocket Knife Blade Steel - This guide aims to help you make a more informed choice regarding blade steel. Most of the points apply equally to folding and fixed blade knives, especially smaller fixed blades designed for light/medium cutting.
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Types of Knife Blade Materials - There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
- How to Spot a Counterfeit Knife - There's nothing worse than realizing that you've purchased a forged or counterfeit knife. Unfortunately, the counterfeit knife business is quite lucrative, as forged products can be made for as little as $5-$10 and then sold to unsuspecting buyers.
- Types of Knife Handles - For anyone looking to buy a new knife, whether a chef or outdoorsman, the handle is a significant feature that should not be overlooked. Here is some information about common styles and types of handles.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each