KA-BAR Kukri Machete with Leather & Cordura Sheath
And the KA-BAR kukri machete is the best of its kind.
The knife boasts an 11.5-inch 1085 carbon steel blade with a functional angle of 20 degrees and a hollow grind. At an overall length of 17 inches, the kukri machete weighs in at 1.7 pounds, which gives it enough heft that it feels natural and balanced in your hands.
Like all KA-BAR products, the kukri is built to take on pretty much anything you can throw at it, including all the chopping and field use you can manage. The Kraton G handle features a nice butt cap and guard to keep it from slipping out of your grip.
As with any good knife, the kukri machete comes with a durable Cordura and leather sheath that attaches to your belt, so you can have it when you need it. With this beauty strapped to your hip, you'll be all set in the jungle.
Catalog Number: 15708
Item Title: KA-BAR Kukri Machete with Leather & Cordura Sheath
Soon after its introduction in the mid-1920's, the KA-BAR trademark became widely known and respected. There have been many versions of how the KA-BAR name came to be, but all evidence points to a letter received from a fur trapper. This particular fur trapper's testimonial turned out to be the most significant ever received by the company.
He wrote, in very rough English, that his gun had jammed and that he had therefore relied on his knife to kill a wounded bear that was attacking him. In thanking the company for their quality product the trapper described using his knife to kill the bear. All that was legible of his scrawled writing was "k a bar". The company was so honored by this testimonial that they adopted this phrase and used it as their trademark, KA-BAR.
Looking for a way to give your knife an extra dash of pizzazz? At Knife Depot, you can customize any of our 10,000 knives with a inscription or a logo. The cost is $6 per knife and the minimum order number is four. Click here to learn how to order your customized knife today.
Want a single knife or multiple knives with different engraving on each one? We also offer single-item customization on many of our most popular knives.
Got questions? Give us a ring at 1-800-248-1987 or email us.
Knife Depot Special Offers
Why Buy From Knife Depot?
- 10,000 Badass Knives in Stock - We carry a huge selection of knives from some of the world's top brands.
- Razor Sharp Customer Service - We don't just sell knives, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Free & Fast Shipping - We offer free shipping on orders over $99 (view details). Our products often ship out the same day they are ordered.
- Free & Easy Returns for 60 Days - If you're not happy with your new knife, then neither are we. At Knife Depot, we offer a 60-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee with FREE return shipping (view details).
- Fast & Easy Shopping - Knife Depot is easy to understand and it's very simple to find what you're looking for. Browsing and checkout is a breeze, no need to create an account.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
- We Love Knives - It's true. We're passionate about the world's oldest tool and that commitment carries over into every element of our online store.
We Guarantee Your Satisfaction
We offer a 60-day no-questions-asked money back guarantee. If you have any questions about your order, you can call us and a real person will answer the phone. Click for full details.
BBB "A+" Rating Since 2005
Knife Depot has been a Better Business Bureau Accredited Business since 2005 with a lifetime rating of "A+". Click for the official BBB Report on Knife Depot.
Free Return Shipping
Not sure if you'll like it? Don't worry -- if you are not happy with your order, we are happy to accept a return or an exchange at no cost to you. Click for full details.