Gerber Instant Knife, Assisted Opening 2.0, Partially Serrated Blade
• F.A.S.T. (Forward Action Spring Technology) Assisted Opening 2.0 mechanism
• Thumb plunge lock safety function
• Textured G-10 composite handle provides a light-weight, secure grip
• Pocket clip for convenient everyday carry
• 3.33-Inch Stainless Steel (7Cr17Mov) modified drop point blade
|Closed Length||3.33 inches|
|Blade Length||3.33 inches|
|Blade Edge||Partially Serrated/ComboEdge|
|Total Length||6.66 inches|
What is the story of the knife?
I have had this knife for almost four years now and it's still my favorite. I use it as my daily carry and it has held up wonderfully. The blade keeps an edge wonderfully and the assisted opening is very strong. I have never had any problems with this knife. I would (and do) recommend this to anyone looking for a tough EDC knife that will last.
I do not own the knife I purchased as it was a Christmas gift for my 22 yr old son. He loves the knife and remarks about it constantly.
Great knife and very sharp! I think the assisted opening is a bit lame. You have to open then snap it to lock open.
Write your own review and share your thoughts with other customers.
In 1939 Joseph Gerber hired a local knife maker to build 25 sets of kitchen cutlery to be given as Christmas gifts. The knives were so popular that Joseph Gerber left his advertising agency to start Gerber Legendary BladesÂ®. The unique style and high quality manufacturing of Gerber cutlery soon developed wide spread acclaim. In fact, Gerber Legendary Blades are the only cutlery on display in New YorkÂs famous Museum of Modern Art.
From very early on, Gerber collaborated with top knife designers, setting a standard of quality for everyone else to follow. Renowned designers such as Al Mar, Bob Loveless, Paul Poehlmann, "Blackie" Collins, William Harsey Jr. and Ernest Emerson have all designed knives for Gerber. In 2002 this tradition continued as Gerber released the Silver TridentÂ, designed by Chief James "Patches" Watson (U.S.N. Ret.) and Bill Harsey Jr.
Today, Gerber continues to design and manufacture unique, high quality outdoor recreation products. In 2003 we are proud to introduce the next generation of multi-tools: the RecoilÂ Auto-Plier. By constantly utilizing new technology and innovative design to develop new products, Gerber continues to be an industry leader.
Why buy from Knife Depot?
- Free Shipping - We offer free shipping on orders over $99. Our products often ship out the same day they are ordered.
- Free Return Shipping for 60 Days - If you're not happy with your new knife, then neither are we. At Knife Depot, we offer a 60-day no-questions-asked money-back guarantee with free return shipping.
- Over 10,000 Badass Knives in Stock - We carry a huge selection of knives from the world's top brands.
- Razor Sharp Customer Service - We don't just sell knives, we eat, sleep and breathe them. Call us and a real person will answer the phone.
- Small Business Values - There are plenty of nameless, faceless corporations out there. We're not one of them.
We don't just sell knives, we use them in our lives every day. When he's not programming, our CIO is down at his fishing camp in Southeast Louisiana. When I'm out of the office, I'm taking my son on Boy Scout trips. We're passionate about this tool. I still even have the first knife I ever got way back when I was 12. It means something to me. Warren Sager, Owner of Knife Depot
Looking for a way to give your knife an extra dash of pizzazz? At Knife Depot, you can customize any of our 10,000 knives with an inscription or logo. The cost is $19.99 per knife for up to three knives with the same inscription. If you want four or more knives with the same inscription or logo, it costs $5.99 per knife. Click here for more information about our engraved knives.
Want to get your engraved knife even faster? Our Quick Ship personalized knives program features a selection of popular knives that are ready to be engraved and shipped right away for less.
Got questions about our knife personalization? Give us a ring at 1-800-248-1987 or email us.