For decades, pocket knives have helped people with everything from cutting rope to savings lives. Their compact design and razor-sharp blades make pocket knives the most versatile tools available. With one of these folders tucked into your pocket, you gain a strength, usefulness and authority that will help you get any job done. And thanks to decades of new designs and innovations, pocket knives are as unique and varied as ever with easy-opening mechanisms, ergonomic handles and multiple blades.
At Knife Depot, we have a huge variety of folding knives that are nuanced enough to carve intricate designs or durable enough to saw through wood, so you can get exactly what you need. Because we know sifting through thousands of pocket knives can be overwhelming, we created an all-encompassing guide to buying a pocket knife to teach you everything you need to know. If you still can't decide, take a look at our best pocket knife guide for recommendations and a look at some of the most highly rated knives.
When you're ready to buy, we'll back your purchase with a 60-day, money-back guarantee.
Easy On Your Wallet
With this Old Timer pocket knife, you'll feel the quality of tradition each time you hold it in your hands. When closed, the knife is under 3 inches, so it fits in your pocket without being cumbersome. After you've utilized the long clip point blade, you'll wonder how you ever lived without this Schrade Mighty Mite pocket knife.
Easy On Your Wallet
When a knife feels good in your hands you never want to let go, and that's the sensation you get whenever you hold this knife. Never leave your house without this great knife, not that you'll really have a choice because it's impossible to put this comfortable knife down.
Bang For Your Buck
The Gerber Outrigger folder isn't your grandpappy's pocket knife, but even he would appreciate its practical upgrades. Its ball bearing-enhanced Assisted Opening 2.0 technology makes opening and closing this knife a breeze, while its protective spring mechanism makes it safe to keep in your pocket.
Bang For Your Buck
This tactical police pocket knife is off the charts when it comes to its cool factor. Not only is this knife extremely sharp and practical, but it also comes equipped with a M.A.G.I.C. Assisted Opening mechanism that will leave you in awe. With the flick of a thumb, the partially-serrated blade will literally spring into action.
When facing off with nature in a critical situation, don't let your knife's response time & weight slow you down. Critical situations demand the K.O. Blur from Kershaw Knives. The patented Trac-Tec handle is coupled with Kershaw's SpeedSafe assisted opening system, making this knife ready exactly where and when you need it.
Sharpest Tool in the Shed
Originally introduced in 1990, the Spyderco Endura line was one of the first lightweight, high-performance, assisted-open pocket knives ever developed. The Endura 4 features enhanced ergonomic design, a four-position clip (for versatile carry options), and a screw-together design.
Jim T. from Sioux Falls, SD
Excellent knife! It is as good as advertised.
William T. from Acton, CA
This is the second one of these knives for me and I like them very much. I ordered a second one to have a spare. The first one has been very reliable and I use it for everything. The blade remained sharp much longer than I expected. The only negative is that it is a little large for everyday carrying even though I use it that way anyway.
William T. from Acton, CA
This is my second one of these knives and I like them a lot. The first one came with a much sharper blade. However one of the screws came out of the clasp and I could not find a replacement which made it impossible to carry it in my pocket.
Brennan G. from Holland, MI
The 4034 stainless is a great steel as I work with metal every day. The function of the knife is smooth and locks very tight. I love the handle grip and overall a very great knife. Had for around a month haven't had to sharpen yet.
Ron R. from Central IL
It is very well made with extremely sharp blade. Be careful. I like that it will fit in the small watch pocket in my blue jeans.
Joseph D. from West Virginia
All the above items are 5 Stars as far as I'm concerned!! They were great and as order.
Don F. from Enterprise, AL
Great quality knife & a welcome addition to my collection!
Michael R. from Millersburg, IN
One of the best knives I have purchased in quite a while. Great price for a well made and smooth action knife. Plan on ordering several more soon.
Knife Blade Sizes Image
Pocket Knife Buying Guide
Best Pocket Knife Guide
- With thousands of knives on the market, it can be hard to wade through the options to find the best of the best. To make things easier, we created this guide to break down what makes the best pocket knives and included some recommendations.
How to Choose a Knife For Everyday Carry (EDC)
Pocket Knives and Airports - TSA Knife Rules
- What happens when you're heading to the airport with your pocket knife?
Teaching Kids About Knife Safety
- It's important to teach knife safety to your kids at a young age. Here are some tips for the best way to instruct your child to safely use knives.
How to Teach a Child to Use a Knife
- The more knowledgeable children are about knives, the less likely they are to use them inappropriately or dangerously. If you're interested in teaching your child how to use a knife, here are some tips you should remember.
Types of Outdoor Knives
- Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
Types of Knife Blade Materials
- There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
How to Spot a Counterfeit Knife
- There's nothing worse than realizing that you've purchased a forged or counterfeit knife. Unfortunately, the counterfeit knife business is quite lucrative, as forged products can be made for as little as $5-$10 and then sold to unsuspecting buyers.
Types of Knife Handles
- For anyone looking to buy a new knife, whether a chef or outdoorsman, the handle is a significant feature that should not be overlooked. Here is some information about common styles and types of handles.
Pocket Knife Lock Types
- Pocket knives rely on a variety of mechanisms to open and close. Here are explanations of some of the most common pocket knife locks, such as liner locks, frame locks and ring locks.
Styles of Slip-joint Pocket Knives
- Want to know more about the different styles of slip-joint pocket knives? Here's a breakdown of five different popular pocket knife styles: barlow knives, canoe knives, congress knives, elephant's foot knives and stockman knives.
History of the Buck Knife
- The Buck Knife, a term mostly used to refer to folding locked-blade knives, is also the namesake of one of the most successful knife manufacturers in the country. Learn more about the history of Buck Knives.
Knife Blade Shapes
- Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
Six benefits of carrying a pocket knife
- A few great uses for carrying a pocket knife, including opening boxes, camping, fishing & more.
About The Barlow Knife
- The Barlow knife was invented in England, but became popular in the United States in the 18th and 19th century.