When you're lost in the jungle or battling the elements, there's only one thing you should have in your hand: a survival knife. Survival knives not only act as durable tools to cut down branches or skin animals but they can also be the difference between life and death. And if you're trusting your life with one of these knives, it's important to have the best. At Knife Depot, we have a huge selection of quality survival knives you can trust in any situation. We have everything from carbon steel serrated blades to durable handles with survival kits inside.
Need help choosing? Check out our guide to picking the best survival knife. And remember, every survival knife is backed by our 60-day, money-back guarantee because your knife may be the most important thing you ever buy.
The handle is sort of an odd shape, a bit too small for the size and bulk of the blade.
Like it a lot the only thing is that the the handle is way too small so I customized it made a bigger handle it's pretty damn good for the price can go wrong. I got all three of the new models.
The icing on the cake - that being my little emergency kit: a Beretta ammo bag (very fashionable) stuffed with the basics. Now the Schrade hangs from the shoulder strap and I feel SMUG! If strong young men need good tools, then less strong, older women definitely need tools that give them a compensatory edge.
This is really the best knife I have ever purchased. It has not let me down at all.
Received the knife as a gift, and I own a number of Schrade knives. This knife is a great deal. The handle feels good, easy to hold. The blade was pretty sharp. Love the ferro rod and sharpening stone (great additions in the package). Knife is very useful in all environments. Sheath works really well. Extremely durable knife.
It's a good solid knife that keeps an edge. That Schrade gladly replace solid hollow grind blade, comes sharp out of the box. Sheath is okay but expected course of the price. It is a very good deal and I recommend it.
The SCHF37 is excellent. It is exactly as is described on Knife Depot. Shipping was quick, and pricing was fair. You can't ask for more than that. Thank you Knife Depot for offering such a quality product at a fair price, and making my purchasing experience quick and easy.
Great blade, thick spine with sharp out of the box blade. Priced right, good beater knife.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- A Guide to Pocket Knife Blade Steel - This guide aims to help you make a more informed choice regarding blade steel. Most of the points apply equally to folding and fixed blade knives, especially smaller fixed blades designed for light/medium cutting.
- How To Choose The Best Survival Knife - Need to make sure you're ready when the going gets tough? Check out our survival knife guide to find the best survival knife for your needs.
- How to Choose a Knife For Everyday Carry (EDC) - In one day, your Everyday Carry needs to be able to cut open fruit and save someone's life. Here's a look at what pocket knives make good EDC knives.
- Pocket Knives and Airports - TSA Knife Rules - What happens when you're heading to the airport with your pocket knife?
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Types of Knife Blade Materials - There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
- How to Spot a Counterfeit Knife - There's nothing worse than realizing that you've purchased a forged or counterfeit knife. Unfortunately, the counterfeit knife business is quite lucrative, as forged products can be made for as little as $5-$10 and then sold to unsuspecting buyers.
- Types of Knife Handles - For anyone looking to buy a new knife, whether a chef or outdoorsman, the handle is a significant feature that should not be overlooked. Here is some information about common styles and types of handles.
- Pocket Knife Lock Types - Pocket knives rely on a variety of mechanisms to open and close. Here are explanations of some of the most common pocket knife locks, such as liner locks, frame locks and ring locks.
- How to Defend Against a Knife Attack - What should you do when you find yourself facing an attacker with a knife? Here are a few tips to keep you safe from a knife attack.
- Five Uses for a Survival Knife - Survival knives are some of the most rugged blades known to man and have a multitude of functions in the great outdoors. Here are some tips on different ways you can use your survival knife.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Six benefits of carrying a pocket knife - A few great uses for carrying a pocket knife, including opening boxes, camping, fishing & more.