When you're lost in the jungle or battling the elements, there's only one thing you should have in your hand: a survival knife. Survival knives not only act as durable tools to cut down branches or skin animals but they can also be the difference between life and death. And if you're trusting your life with one of these knives, it's important to have the best. At Knife Depot, we have a huge selection of quality survival knives you can trust in any situation. We have everything from carbon steel serrated blades to durable handles with survival kits inside.
Need help choosing? Check out our guide to picking the best survival knife. And remember, every survival knife is backed by our 60-day, money-back guarantee because your knife may be the most important thing you ever buy.
Haven't used knife yet. Seems well made & useful for a variety of things.
Love this knife.
tuff. tuff. tuff... took it to the bush, cut down a tree and stated a blind. not just a knife but a tuff, tuff tool.
It is perfect for all my needs; hunting skinning, chopping-camping, prepping-survival knife. I used it chopping for two ours. It does the job. I skinned a wild boar 60 kilos, split it in half and then 7 shares really quickly and easy, for bush crafting it's a little heavy and thick but it can do it also. I see it, practicing. I do not trust the sheath much and I would like if hand hold clip was a little higher like the KA-BAR USMC because the top of it, hits on branches and is dangerous to unclip the hand of the knife and loose it. The coating don't last too long you must recoat it with other ways, if someone needs a good trusted knife, people this is the one! Not too big, not too small, thick enough, very good price for such a blade! good for one tool option. Thank you knife depot
Good knife great price.
This is a great knife, I'm very happy with it.
So far the night has been pretty good I have not had time to take it out and test it the way I would like to because we have a lot of snow here Indianapolis Indiana soon as the spring hits in summer and fall believe me I will be using it and I should be able to leave another better view of this knife.
I must say that Schrade knives have vastly improved recently. Heard some good reviews and decided to take the plunge and purchase it. Upon receiving this knife all my fears disappeared. This is one heck of a beefy knife. Very much more ergonomic than my Schrade predecessor, SCHF9. I find with this knife I can do all the big jobs (Batoning) as well as the little ones as well (making feather sticks). Very impressed with the service from Knife Depot and also the price of the knife itself.
- All About Knife Tangs - The knife tang, the portion of the blade that extends into the handle, is one of the most important characteristics of a fixed blade. These are the different types.
- A Guide to Pocket Knife Blade Steel - This guide aims to help you make a more informed choice regarding blade steel. Most of the points apply equally to folding and fixed blade knives, especially smaller fixed blades designed for light/medium cutting.
- How To Choose The Best Survival Knife - Need to make sure you're ready when the going gets tough? Check out our survival knife guide to find the best survival knife for your needs.
- How to Choose a Knife For Everyday Carry (EDC) - In one day, your Everyday Carry needs to be able to cut open fruit and save someone's life. Here's a look at what pocket knives make good EDC knives.
- Pocket Knives and Airports - TSA Knife Rules - What happens when you're heading to the airport with your pocket knife?
- Types of Outdoor Knives - Whether you're a hunter, fisherman or camper, an outdoor knife is a necessity. Here are a few types of outdoor knives you should check out.
- Types of Knife Blade Materials - There are a variety of knife blade materials and each has its own advantages and pitfalls. Here are brief descriptions of the most popular types of materials found in knife blades.
- How to Spot a Counterfeit Knife - There's nothing worse than realizing that you've purchased a forged or counterfeit knife. Unfortunately, the counterfeit knife business is quite lucrative, as forged products can be made for as little as $5-$10 and then sold to unsuspecting buyers.
- Types of Knife Handles - For anyone looking to buy a new knife, whether a chef or outdoorsman, the handle is a significant feature that should not be overlooked. Here is some information about common styles and types of handles.
- Pocket Knife Lock Types - Pocket knives rely on a variety of mechanisms to open and close. Here are explanations of some of the most common pocket knife locks, such as liner locks, frame locks and ring locks.
- How to Defend Against a Knife Attack - What should you do when you find yourself facing an attacker with a knife? Here are a few tips to keep you safe from a knife attack.
- Five Uses for a Survival Knife - Survival knives are some of the most rugged blades known to man and have a multitude of functions in the great outdoors. Here are some tips on different ways you can use your survival knife.
- Knife Blade Shapes - Provides an overview of the main blade shapes and the advantages and disadvantages of each
- Six benefits of carrying a pocket knife - A few great uses for carrying a pocket knife, including opening boxes, camping, fishing & more.